The box set will be limited to 2000 copies worldwide.
Tom Gabriel Warrior: “Some time ago, I voiced my personal disapproval regarding the original concept for the planned Triptykon Melana Chasmata box set as scheduled for release by our licensing partner, Century Media Records.
It is to Century Media Records’ credit that they listened and subsequently approached me to address my misgivings and create a box set that represents the group’s ideas and intentions far more comprehensively. I am grateful for such an open and creative collaboration, and I deeply respect Century Media Records for sparing neither effort nor expenditure to please Triptykon and the band’s audience.
I wish record labels would have acted like this in the 1980s.”
Melana Chasmata will be released on April 14 (Europe) and April 15 (North America), 2014 and the following formats will be available:
– Ltd. Deluxe CD Box Set* (limited to 2000 numbered copies) – exclusive to CMDistro
– Gatefold transparent 2LP (limited to 300 copies) + 2 posters and 16-page large-format booklet – exclusive to CMDistro
– Gatefold dark green 2LP (limited to 500 copies) + 2 posters and 16-page large-format booklet – exclusive to CMDistro
– Gatefold black 2LP + 2 posters and 16-page large-format booklet
– ltd. black 3x10Inch Box Set (limited to 1.000 copies) – exclusive to Nuclear Blast Shop Europe & CM Distro USA
– Special Edition CD Mediabook (incl. 32-page booklet and additional 12-panel fold-out booklet)
– Standard CD Jewelcase
– Digital Download
You can preorder Melana Chasmata now at CMDistro by clicking
To commemorate the unveiling of Melana Chasmata, Century Media has released a collector’s gatefold 7″ vinyl single (800 copies in black vinyl and 200 copies in transparent red vinyl) in Europe today, which is already sold out from CM Distro.
The single contains two album tracks – Breathing and Boleskine House – and is still available as digital single via the usual outlets and via iTunes as part of the album pre-order:
You can stream both songs of the Breathing single here: